Formed in 1982, the Illinois Association of Historic Preservation Commissions (IAHPC) is a private, non-profit organization which encourages local governments to carry out historic preservation activities and aids preservation commissions throughout the state.
The purposes of the IAHPC include:
- Provide informational resources on our website
- Provide training and educational workshops for commissioners and staff at various locations around the state
- Provide updates on local commission activities or other information of use to local Historic Preservation Commissions via Email and on our Facebook page at facebook.com/IllinoisHistoricCommissions
- Co-sponsor the bi-annual State Historic Preservation Conference in cooperation with Landmarks Illinois, the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency, and Illinois Main Street.
- Host the annual IAHPC Awards for local commissions. Categories are provided for individual leadership as well as the commission activities of Public Outreach and Education, Protection and Designation, and Survey and Inventory.
- Provide an central area for communities to post a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) or a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a local preservation project.
Previous Meetings – Board Minutes
- January 10, 2015 (Conference Call)
- June 24, 2015 (Rustic Hill Winery, Cobden, Illinois)
- September 12, 2015 (Evanston, Illinois)
- December 5, 2015 (Oak Park)